Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chili's @ JCube Mall

Chili's @ JCube Mall (Score: 2.5 out of 5)


When I was still in Manila, one of my favorite restaurant was Chili's. I often went to the branch in Greenhills or Greenbelt. It may not serve authentic dishes like their quesadilla but it didn't matter. The food was abundant, hot, and actually taste good (I've eaten here often enough that I can make a statement that they are not always consistent. I'd say about 1 of every 8 visits will be disappointment).


The Chili's in JCube is probably the worst Chili's I've ever visited. It feels like it will close soon. The staff seemed to be void of emotion though they were attentive. But the unforgivable mistake was the food. It just didn't have the pizazz of the Chili's that I know. 


The Order


Fire Grilled Corn Guacamole - $11.00


BTW - this was what it looked like in the menu. So judge for yourself.

The tortilla was the star of this dish which wasn't suppose to be. It should be the guacamole with toasted corn which was quite bland. The salsa though was how i used to remember it and was actually good.


Wings over Buffalo - $15.00


Wings as advertised.

The wings over buffalo was cooked to dryness.... I love eating chicken wings and this was just over cooked. But I still did enjoy it (but only a bit). 


Fajita Trio - $35.00


As advertised...

Our main course: Fajita Trio. Beef (dry), Chicken (drier), and Shrimp. My angst against this was that it just didn't have enough caramelized onions and pepper. The pepper was actually under cooked and the cut was, as you can see, just too big. Secondly, the beef and chicken was just dry... it won't be surprised if this was cooked last night and just cooked now. And there is definitely something wrong with the beef as it had a grayishness in it. 

Price and Value

All in all we spent around $71.00. I wouldn't mind paying for food but I mind paying for bad food. And this is bad food. Either this place needs to get a refresher on Chili's standards or new management. I hope it does because it leaves a bad taste for Chili's in general. I've tried the branch in RWS and it was good. 

Rating:

Food - 2.5
Ambiance - 3
Value - 2.5
Service - 2.5

Overall 2.5 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
No!


Restaurant details: 
Address: 2 Jurong East Central 1, #03-10 JCube, Singapore, 609731
Numnef: +65 66843811
Reservation is available but walk-in also possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment