Sunday, July 21, 2013

Jamie's Italian @ Vivocity

Jamie's Italian @ Vivocity (Score: 3.5 out of 5)

Jamie Oliver is a very popular chef and restaurateur. His latest business venture? Nothing other than an Italian restaurant in Singapore. So what do we get if we mix a British Chef, serving Italian food, in South East Asia? A good Italian restaurant. Expensive but still good.

The Restaurant


Yes, There is a queue and it'll probably be there for the next 6 months.


There are still the flowers for the opening week.


Freshly made pasta. It may not be traditionally hand made, but it's still fresh.

The Menu


Its quite a simple menu and that is how it should be. Quality over Quantity.

Our Orders


Plank of Meat - $15 per person. Above is one order.

This is Jamie's take on meat cold cuts and had a piece of prosciutto, pistachio mortadella, bresaola, and spicy soppressata. It also had buffalo mozzarella, pecorino (with chilli jam) and beet root salad. This was actually yummy but my only angst was that it should had a bit more. Maybe 2 slices of each item?


Bread Basket - $6.00

I'm a sucker for bread and this mix was good. For $6.00 i'd expect a bit more or at least it should have been served hot or freshly baked. 


Jamie's Italian Burger - $27.50

When my burger arrived, the first question that popped to my head is "How the hell will I eat this?" It was easy, split the bread and eat it layer by layer. Yup not the classic way but I don't want to pig out here. 

In the menu they are selling this as a "wagyu" burger. I've had my share of wagyu burger and even after this I still need to know why restaurants will insist of branding burgers as wagyu. This burger patty didn't melt in my mouth.

Don't get me wrong, this is a damn good burger. I just don't like it being branded as wagyu. The burger is the star of the dish. It was cooked medium and was seasoned very well. I loved the smoked mozarella and pancetta but I would have liked some sides for $27.50. Probably some potato wedges or salad?


Wild Mushroom Ravioli - $16.00

I'm a fan of ravioli and I can say that this is good. But that is the issue, it was only good. I should be saying thinks like fantastic or mind blowing or even original but unfortunately its none of those. 

We should have order the risotto. The other table ordered it and it looked more interesting and appetizing.

Price and Value

We paid $75.00 with everything above and no drinks. That makes it roughly $37.50 per head. I'll probably visit the place again but not for a long time. I think that there are other Italian restaurants in Singapore which is more value for money or probably more special at the same price. 

I should probably look for that Italian Restaurant...

Rating:

Food - 3.5
Ambiance - 4
Value - 3
Service - 3.5

Overall 3.5 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
Yes

Restaurant details: 
Address: 1 HarbourFront Walk, VivoCity, #1 165-167 Singapore 098585 
Fax: +65 67335500

No comments:

Post a Comment