Sunday, August 11, 2013

Inagiku @ Shangri-la Makati

Inagiku @ Shangri-la Makati (Score: 4.0 out of 5.0)

We have always been a patron of Inagiku. We used to love their buffet which had the best steak for a buffet plus they served eat-all-you-can sea bass teppanyaki. That changed after Christmas last year (2012) as were disappointed with the quality of the food.

This visit though, we had ala carte lunch and all I can say is that Inagiku is still an excellent Japanese restaurant. 

The Food


Inagiku's Appeztizer

I think they serve this to anyone who orders an entree as each of one had it. I liked the tamago (egg) with mushroom. 


Inagiku's Salad

This was surprisingly good. I love the crunchy wonton wrapper crisps with the salad.


Gindara - P585

This was wifey's order. One thing I found out was that seabass apparently is an endangered species and that Shangri-la has banned serving it across all their restaurants (I hope everyone follows suit). Well, we ended up ordering Gindara (cod) and it is very very good as well. The cod had a nice crisp outside and the inside was buttery good.


Sukiyaki - P1200

This was my mom's order of sukiyaki. I've always loved the Inagiku sukiyaki and this was no different. The beef was tasty and sliced perfectly. The soup had the right sweetness as well.


Special Bento Box - P1500

Ahhh... my order. Its a food lover's bento box as it has all the right things inside it. From the top clockwise: unaji, chawan mushi, beef teppanyaki, gindara, salmon sashimi, chicken kara age, california maki, and mixed tempura. Not in the picture is the rice and miso soup. That ladies and gentlemen is how to serve a bento box. Each one of this is a joy to eat (although the maki is nothing special). 


Special Chawan mushi (served with the Bento Box)

I wanted to take a special picture of the chawan because it had a unique top. I was hoping for something different in terms of taste but unfortunately that was not the case. It's still very good though. 


Black Sesame Ice Cream and Coffee Jelly


Salmon Sashimi - P500

The salmon sashimi was very fresh but I can't say that this is the best salmon sashimi around.

Price and Value

I think a lot of people will automatically think that Inagiku is very very expensive but in my opinion it's actually the same price of restaurants like Sugi or Tsukiji in Makati. It is expensive but if you have a Shangri-la card it may actually become cheaper than the other restaurants. 

I hope they make the buffet very good again and make it worth it but their ala carte is still top notch and is good value for money specially the bento box.

Rating:

Food - 4
Ambiance - 4
Value - 4
Service - 4

Overall 4 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
Yes!


Restaurant details: 
Address: Ayala Avenue corner Makati Avenue, Makati City, 1200, Philippines
Number: +63 (2) 813 8888
Reservation is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment