Sunday, September 15, 2013

Madam Kwan @ VivoCity


Madam Kwan @ VivoCity (Score: 2.5 out of 5)


I have been trying to look for the best Malaysian food here in Singapore. When I heard that Madam Kwan was opening here in Singapore, I was quite excited as I have heard and seen rave reviews about it in Malaysia. Unfortunately, there is nothing to rave nor get excited about this branch in Singapore. Read below for more info.

Our Orders


Nasi Bojari - S$18.90

The nasi bojari is a combination of Malaysian fried chicken, beef rendang, and assam prawn. I'm a sucker for combination platters and this, sad to say, is nothing special. I think I've eaten in some Nasi Lemak food court place which serves better food. Worse yet, the food court will charge you only S$7-9 but here since its a restaurant, they charge S$18.90. I'm not one to complain about price in food but this isn't worth it. 


Beef Rendang - S$11.90

Yes, to my surprise, this was what arrived for my beef rendang. They did a sloppy job of plating this dish. Worse yet, the order itself isn't substantial enough to warrant a $12 price tag. It also was served warm rather than hot which just made me think if this was freshly cooked or maybe even microwaved. Really disappointed.


Beef Satay - S$11.90

The beef satay was, again unfortunately, another disappointment. It was too tough for my liking and worse yet it was dry. They need to get those satay guys in East Coast Park to improve their quality. The only saving grace of the dish was an excellent satay sauce. 

Price and Value

All-in-all the bill amounted to SGD 66.85, which for the food that we had, is just not worth it. I won't return to this place as there are much much better restaurants in VivoCity. It will take a lot of work to make this place attractive. 

Rating:

Food - 2.5
Ambiance - 3
Value - 2
Service - 2.5

Overall 2.5 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
No!

Address: 1 Harbourfront Walk #01-155 Vivocity
Tel no: +65 6271 9989
Website: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment