Sunday, May 12, 2013

Laduree @ Takashimaya Singapore


Laduree @ Takashimaya (Score: 3 out of 5)

This is a special entry. Laduree is a specialty shop that sells Macaroons that are air flown from their shop in Paris. Yup, you read that right. These are not baked or made in Singapore but are air flown. So you can just imagine...

The Exterior



The Interior




The shop actually feels like a museum. You can actually change all the macaroons inside and change it to a french specialty perfume shop and the design will still work. By the way.... they do sell perfumes and candles.

Price and Value

At a minimum you'll spend $3.80 for a piece of macaroon. Lynn and I are split on this. If I can only order one, I'd order the salted caramel. She likes the pistachio more though. Something inside of me just struggles with the fact that with the same amount of money, you can already get a full meal here in Singapore and in Laduree all you'll get is a piece of macaroon. 

We ordered 6 pieces of these treasures and paid @22.8 without a box. The box costs $10 more.... 

I will recommend Artisan Sweets. That is another review for another day.

Rating:

Food - 3
Value - 3
Service - 3

Overall 3 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
Yes


Restaurant details: http://www.laduree.fr/en
Address: Level 2 Takashimaya Mall, Singapore 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victor,

    I came across your blog from reviews on HungryGoWhere and really like your food photos. I'm actually from OpenRice.com and was wondering if you would be interested to join us at one of our food tasting sessions? I could send you more information via email. Feel free to contact me at jeremyee@openrice.com.sg. Have a great weekend ahead!

    Cheers,
    Jeremy Ee

    ReplyDelete