Sunday, May 26, 2013

Soup Restaurant @ Changi Airport

Soup Restaurant @ Changi Airport (Score: 4 out of 5)



So we went to the airport to see mama and papa off. We had a few choices lide Crystal Jade or Seafood Paradise but we decided to go to Soup Restaurant. I think I've eaten in their branch in Suntec, but I don't really remember what I had and whether it was good or not. 

Soup Restaurant specializes in Chinese soups but their skilled kitchen staff doesn't stop there.

The Restaurant


If you are in Changi Airport and looking for good food, give soup restaurant a try and you won't be disappointed.

Our Orders


Samsui Ginger Chicken - $15.90

Looks like any ordinary white chicken right? Trust me if Soup Restaurant's only branch was in Changi Airport then I will go here just to have my white chicken fix. The chicken was soft and tender almost buttery. It was also cut very nice and I didn't even see any bone of sorts. The ginger sauce at the middle is very good.


Teochew Olive Rice - $8.80

This is the first time that I have tried olive rice. This will not be the last time I will have olive rice. I'm a rice lover and I LOVE this rice. I'm not sure if the other dishes became better because of this but this is very very good. Hope I can find a recipe and try it at home.


Diced Mushroom with Beancurd and Brocolli - $12.90

Meaty mushroom, brocolli and beancurd. There was nothing special about the taste of the dish but I'm a sucker for good mushroom and this one had good meaty mushrooms.


Fried San yu with Ginger - $10.90

I liked this fish though I found it just a tad bit too oily. Everything in this dish was nice though and I saw myself even eating the ginger and garlic stalks.


Boiled Soup of the Day

Our soup was a basic soup made from Pork Bone and Wintermelon. If you haven't tried wintermelon then I will invite you to try this so that you become a lover of wintermelon. Marc when you visit us, i'll bring you to this place.

Unfortunately the soup of the day does change so hopefully you'll be able to time it right that this is available.

Price and Value

We paid $90.00 with everything above and 4 orders of cold barley. That makes it roughly $23.00 per head. I'd spend this money again in Soup Restaurant as long as they maintain the quality of food that I had today.

You must try the olive rice. You must try the white chicken. You must try them together. 

Rating:

Food - 4.5
Ambiance - 4
Value - 4
Service - 4

Overall 4 of 5

Repeat Factor (No!! No! Yes Yes! Yes!!)
Yes!


Restaurant details: 
Address: Singapore Changi Airport, Terminal 2 #036-086, Viewing Mall North
Fax: +65 6545 6866

7 comments:

  1. Looking so yummy. I wish to visit there for once only for this soup. Gatwick Airport Parking

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food seems to be very delicious. no doubt a quality service becomes the reason to attract number of customers and so there is a big hand in its representation. this is how gatwick valet parking is an impressive entity for parking near these kind of places for the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks really appetizing. It must be a great experience. I hope you ad a great time. meet and greet parking Gatwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few restaurants at the airport do provide quality meal, that you would wanna try it again. Yet the conflict is, this reduces the chance of you being able to try out new places. but some,times you might come across a place worth trying again and again. gatwick valet parking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful and informative article for food lovers even rates are much affordable. cheap airport parking gatwick can be another useful tool to enjoy such places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The soup restaurants at Changi Airport are very expensive but the taste was amazing.Meet and greet parking Luton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soups are the favorite appetizer for the food lovers in winter season. These restaurants get rushy in those seasons. luton airport car park

    ReplyDelete